Ranmao (Kuroshitsuji)


I am pretty happy with this character, I learnt a couple of new things about sewing and I relearnt a couple more. At some point during the construction I thought it would be a complete disaster but in the end it turned out pretty well. Even if you think this character is easy to make don't take it easy, it gave me more than a headache. It is easier to hide a mistake in a costume with lots of details than in a costume with simple lines...

Estoy bastante feliz con este personaje. Aprendí un par de cosas nuevas sobre costura y reaprendí un par más. En cierto momento durante su creación pensé que acabaría siendo un completo desastre pero al final salió bastante bien. Incluso si pensáis que el personaje es fácil de hacer no os lo toméis a broma, me dió más de un quebradero de cabeza. Es más fácil ocultar un error en un disfraz con muchos detalles que en uno con líneas simples.


For the chinese dress I printed this pattern. I think it was my first mistake. I know how to draft my own patterns and I didn't follow well enough the pattern I was using so I sew a part in the wrong position and the only solution was to add more fabric to hide my mistake. Luckily enough it isn't too visible although the dress was wider than I wanted. I added a zipper to the side, bias tape to the edges and made chinese clover knots for the buttons. Also you have a tutorial for the mandarin neck and tips for painting fabric.

Para el vestido chino imprimí este patrón. Creo que fue mi primer error. Se dibujar mis propios patrones y no seguí bien el patrón que estaba usando así que cosí una parte mal, la única solución fue hacerle un añadido de tela para ocultar mi error. Por suerte no es muy visible pero el vestido quedó más ancho de lo que quería. Le añadí una cremallera al lateral, cinta al bies a los bordes e hice nudos chinos para los botones. También tenéis un tutorial para el cuello mao y consejos para pintar en tela las mariposas.
For the jacket I modified a pattern and shaped it as I wanted, making the sleeves wider and the jacket shorter. The black edge is made with wide bias tape and the inside is lined. The details are done with golden ribbon and golden half pearls. How to attach sleeves here.

Para la chaqueta modifiqué un patrón y le di la forma que quería, haciendo las mangas más anchas y acortándolo. El filo negro está hecho con bies ancho negro y el interior está forrado. Los detalles con cinta dorada y medias perlas doradas. Como poner mangas aquí.
The corset was an old corset I had at home, I only had to add bias tape to the edges and a white cord

El corset era un corset viejo que tenía por casa, sólo le tuve que añadir cinta al bies al borde y el cordón blanco



The horns are made with polystyrene covered in black hair and the plaits are made with black thread. It is attached to a hairband. Also I modified a flower to make it bigger and added a tassel. Also the ankle piece is made with bias tape filled with a cord (tip to turn the strap, on pic).

Los cuernos están hechos con poliestireno cubierto de pelo negro y las trenzas con hilo grueso. Está todo pegado a una diadema. Además modifiqué una flor para hacerla más grande y le añadí una borla. Además las tobilleras están hechas con cinta al bies rellena con un cordón (truco para darle la vuelta al tirante en la foto).
Photo by Lola Salinas
Short black hair / Pelo negro corto
Horns with plaits / Cuernos con trenzas
Flower with tassel / Flor con borla
Jacket / Chaqueta
Chinese dress / Vestido chino
Corset / Corset
Thigh-high socks / Medias negras
Ankle bells / Tobillera de cascabeles
Black shoes / Zapatos negros
Chui (chinese hammers) / Chui (martillos chinos) 




Alice in Cosplayland

Cosplay lover and manga addict from Spain. Living the adventure in England! Always working on something new!

1 comentario:

  1. Hello!

    I want to thank you so much for this tutorial and these great tips! I'm still a beginner and will cosplay ran mao in April. I'll make sure to tell people about your blog because I'm sure many people could use these awesome tutorials!

    I also have a question. I plan to do alois from black butler, too, and so far I got that green shirt thing (I don't know the English name;;) as well as the pants, but I don't know how to make the coat ): well, I do know how to make patterns for a normal coat, but his has those two folds at the back and I have no idea how to create them ): you don't happen to know how this works, do you?^[

    And once again, thank you for this! I will keep checking your blog out to become a better cosplayer as well and hopefully be able to help others one day too :D

    ResponderEliminar